As a product team member you'll be scaling up our product for tens of thousands of community members to use. We’re seeking exceptional engineers who love making beautiful software products, thrive on solving tough problems and yearn to be part of a small and nimble startup.
About Redwood Strategic
Redwood Strategic is hiring co-op student software developers to help build the next version of CampusPerks and our upcoming global product, CommunityPerks.com.
CampusPerks helps students pursue their passions by connecting them with sponsorship and scholarships. In just 2 years our record-breaking online challenges have powered more than $500,000 in sponsorship from award-winning brands such as Samsung, Virgin Mobile, Alliance Films, Pepsi, and Microsoft.
- Write beautiful, durable code that improves the platform and technology infrastructure
- Help evolve the CampusPerks software platform and define CommunityPerks
- Provide creative product ideas
- Collaborate and work as part of a small efficient team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science and web app fundamentals
- Hunger to learn. You're passionate about improving yourself and the team around you
- Passion for building high-quality products that customers love
- Self-direction and self-motivation. You identify and prioritize projects as well as you execute on them
Tech We Love
- Ruby & Python
- Ruby on Rails
- Redis, Resque
- Git and Github
- AWS, S3, Heroku
- Backbone.js, Ember.js
- Machine learning and data analysis techniques
The Redwood Strategic Experience
- A small, scrappy team with huge accomplishments and aspirations
- We release new software multiple times a day
- Tasty snacks, frequent espresso runs, and flexible work hours
- A fun work environment filled with a great mix of young professionals and seasoned pros
- Competitive pay, full benefits, and a profit-sharing program
- A sweet developer workstation. You pick the kit.
- An awesome location at Spadina and Wellington in downtown Toronto
- Competitive pay and a free TTC pass
Please use the apply button below and send a cover letter, resume and any links to your personal projects, e.g. Github profile, your blog, website, applications you run, etc.
Questions? Please contact Michael Campagnaro - Lead Developer
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.